- How did George get the two middle names of Bailey Loring
- Was he named after George Bailey LORING b 1848 or DR. George
Bailey LORING MD born 1817?
- Was it significant that Dr. George Bailey LORING, Surgeon
General of the US Marine Hospital in Chelsea, MA worked only
a few blocks away? Or that Dr. George Bailey LORING was a guest
lecturer in his grandparents home town of Littleton, MA.
- Why did the family keep an old newspaper clipping for over
a 100 years about Dr. George Bailey LORING MD, Postmaster of
Salem, MA and not anything else about this famous man?
- How did our George become Sales Manager for a Capital Heights
Development Co Montgomery, AL in 1904?
The Family Knowledge and Hearsay
- Albert Wilson, our George's' father was born in New Hampshire.
- Among his daughter's papers was a 1856 newspaper clipping
about Dr. Loring, Postmaster of Salem, cutting his leg using
- From all the love letters George wrote to his wife it is
obvious he was in love at an early age. Love poems
clipped from newspaper by our George and sent to Alice have civil
war reporting on the back.
- After attending Comer College in Charlestown, MA Geogre
was the Boston Agent for Adams, Jackson & Bache of Gowanda,
NY and sold mills invented by S. Hussey.
- George's life style was disapproved of by the Quakers cousins.
Alice compared it to dogs barking at the moon.
- George claimed to have been a direct descendant of the Mayflower,
his daughter Harriet never doubted it.
- Harriet claimed that a genealogy proving the Mayflower connection
was written by a woman who was a distant cousin and that
she wrote many books under a mans name.
- The "LORING GENEALOGY" was written
CHARLES HENRY POPE
Katharine Peabody Loring
Not many author credits listed as "Assisted
The Published Facts
George Wilson was age 3 in the 1850 Census.
George Bailey LORING was born Sept. 3, 1848 exactly 9 months
plus 2 day after the marriage of Isaac Loring and Ellen Maria
King. Ellen Maria then died 7 months later. George Bailey
LORING had a namesake uncle Dr. George Bailey LORING MD
Chief Surgeon of the US Marine Hospital in Chelsea, MA
Postmaster of Salem, MA
President of the Massachusetts State Senate
US Commissioner of Agriculture
US Minister to Portugal
Married 1st 6 Nov 1851 to Mary Toppan Pickman
Married 2nd 20 Jun 1880 to Anna S. Smith of NYC
1. Our George was the illegitimate son of Dr.
George Bailey Loring MD and he was placed with the Wilson family.
2. Elizabeth Bowers was George's mother but Albert Wilson
was not his father.
3. Since the newspaper article was cut out when our
George was about nine years old, George didn't randomly select
his middle two names.